SI Brixham Data Protection Policy
The Data Protection Legislation is concerned with the protection of human rights in relation in relation to personal data; the aim is to ensure that personal data is used fairly and lawfully and that where necessary the privacy of individuals is respected.
Personal data held will be factual – name, address, date of birth, email address, phone number. It will not be an opinion about an individual member, her actions and behaviour, unless prior agreement in writing has been received.
Sensitive data will not be requested; this is data concerning:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political opinions
- Religious beliefs
- Trade union membership
- Physical or mental health
Personal data must:
- Be obtained and used fairly and lawfully
- Be obtained and used only for specified lawful purposes
- Be accurate and kept up to date
- Not be kept for any longer than required for the specified purposes
- Be protected by appropriate technical measures
Your data will be shared with Soroptimist International of Great Britain and Ireland (SIGBI), SIGBI Limited, Soroptimist Trading Limited, Soroptimist Imternational and with related charities.
All individuals have the right to know what information is held about them.
SI Brixham reserves the right to change this policy at any time and will notify members of those changes by mail or email.